Uploading media to the AutoDJ
If your hosting account includes autoDJ capabilities, you will need to upload your media files to your server before the autoDJ can broadcast them.
You may upload media files to the server in one of two ways:
- Using FTP. This is the most robust, reliable, and fastest method for uploading media files, however, it requires that you install special software on your home computer to perform the upload. You can learn more about FTP in the Uploading media via FTP section of the Advanced Usage guide.
- Using the web-based File Manager. This is the more convenient method for uploading media files as it works with your existing web browser. This method is described below.
To upload media for your autoDJ:
- In the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the screen, click Files under the AutoDJ heading.
- Click the Upload button at the bottom of the page. The file upload dialog should appear.
- Click the Select files button. A file browser dialog should open, allowing you to browse your home computer for the media files you want to upload.
- Select the media file(s) you want to upload and click the Open button at the bottom of the dialog. Note that in most cases only MP3 audio files will be compatible with your autoDJ, although your hosting provider may advise you of other file types you may be able to use.
- The upload should begin immediately. Wait for the upload to complete, and then optionally repeat steps 3-5 until you have uploaded all of the media files you want to use.
- Click the Close button to close the file upload dialog.
When you have finished using the file manager, click the
Return button at the bottom of the page to return to the main Centova Cast interface.